Monday, April 21, 2008

Home Show Experience

Well, the Home Show experience was a good one. I set up my table about 7:30 and realized the table they had assigned to me was pretty bunged up so I went out to Wal Mart and bought a plastic tablecloth to cover it. Then I set up the table presentation and folded the brochures and began arranging them. After a couple of hours of explaining the Community Clinic to people, the announcer came and asked me if I would like to talk about it on the radio. I did that and had the opportunity to explain over the air all about the clinic. An hour later, a man walked up and said his wife had sent him out to pick up some brochures. She had heard me on the radio.

When I shut it down at 3:00, I had handed out dozens of brochures to people who were either uninsured or under insured. That was just what I had hoped for. Uninsured people needed to know they could see a doctor between 3:00 and 8:00 on Thursday evenings at no cost the first visit and after that the cost of the visit would be from $2 to $50 depending on income and size of family.

I went home feeling pretty good about my day.

No comments: