Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tiger Lilies



Well, sitting out on my patio this Sunday morning enjoying the birds and the flowers, I noticed my tiger lilies are beginning to bloom. The black eyed susans are almost ready too but right now the clematis and the tiger lilies are the main attraction. Some are located behind Bob's shed here.

I love flowers and I work in my gardens nearly every day. I guess that's why I like to stay at home. Every morning I am up at 5:30 or 6:00 doing something. I feed the birds, feed the dog, feed the cat, water the flowers and generally just enjoy the quiet of the morning.

This morning I noticed the tiger lilies. I try to have something that blooms continually.

There's something very restful about watching the birda nd the hummingbirds and enjoying the beauty of flowers. Here below is the
Hibiscus plant our daughter gave us.

And next to that the gerber daisies that she gave us. There's also a container tomato plant with one small tomato already beginning to grow.

My sister gave me the tiger lilies and the lovely iris that bloomed earlier. Later in the season, there will be rose of sharon and crepe myrtle. I can hardly wait. We bought the crepe myrtle but the rose of sharon were given to us by Karan, a dear friend of ours.

Eventually, I hope to have the entire back yard lined with flower beds and flowering shrubbery.

I simply love working in the yard and making it beautiful.

No comments: