Saturday, June 28, 2008

Working in the Yard


I started this morning working in the yard. I watered all the plants. I picked up sticks, weeded the flowerbeds and put mulch in the backyard flowerbeds. Before I could get the front completely finished, it began raining. I fed and watered the animals too. Then just before the rain began we decided to give Slinky, the dog, a bath. After about three days, he begins to stink. So, twice a week, he gets a bath. What a dog. he really is high maintenance.

Then I baked some peanut butter cookies.

We went to the Red Cross volunteer banquet at noon. It lasted until about 1:30 then we helped clean up and took Kathy Newman home.

After we got home, we went to the grocery store. A very busy day.

4 comments:

Sansego said...

Slinky is a cute dog! I can believe that a sharpei would be high maintenance!

Margie's Musings said...

Hi Nicholas. Yes, Slinky has to be bathed every three days or so or he sticks terribly. I don't know any other answer to that and we don't know what we will do in winter.

Sansego said...

Maybe you should change his name from "Slinky" to "Stinky"!!!

Margie's Musings said...

That's what my son unaffectionately calls him.