Sunday, July 27, 2008

Good Sunday

This should be a good Sunday. We have already gone to church and come home for dinner of leftovers from yesterday. Then Bob took his nap and I printed off and prepared to send out my "We missed you at church today" notes.

Our congregation is providing school supplies for the low income families at the elementary school just west of here. We took them to the church today where we will collect them and I will get them over there before school starts. I included reminder notes about that project.

I baked my beans for the group tonight. We are having a birthday dinner for Karan before our "Living the Questions" group tonight. We will take food and birthday cards for the occasion.

An old friend from my radio station days contacted me this week to ask if our "Living the Questions" group was still going. I told him it was and invited him. He is a reformed agnostic and should fit right in to our varied group.

We have five Methodists, two Presbyterians, three Community of Christ, and one agnostic in the group already. I am looking forward to it.

No comments: