Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by Judy from Living On The Other Side of the Hill.

I'm supposed to answer these questions and then tag three other people.

1) Where was I - 10 years ago?
2) What's on my 'to do' list for today ?
3) What if I were a Billionaire ?
4) Places I have lived ?
5) Bad Habits ?
6) Snacks I like ?

Let's see, where was I ten years ago? I was living here in Coffeyville in 1998. I had just retired from my job at the Good News paper the year before and was doing some recruiting for my daughter, who at that time was a manager for the Prudential Life Insurance Company. It was a one year contract and I was ready for it to be over so I could enjoy my retirement.

What's on my "to do" list today? I am taking Bob to Bartlesville to the dermatologist. He has a couple of suspicious looking places on his skin...one on his right arm and one on the side of his head just under his ear. I suspect they are squamous cell carcinoma but only a biopsy can tell for sure. Then we will do some "shopping" before we come home. He is wanting to look for a pair of wheat colored jeans. He only has twelve or so pair of jeans...but what the heck!

What if I were a Billionaire? First I would pay off this house. We have no other debt. I would replenish our retirement funds so we wouldn't outlive them. I would get cocular implants for Bob so he could hear again. Then I would pay off all my children's debts and give them each a million dollars. Then I would give at least a million to my church. Then I would set up a foundation to help my community beautify the downtown area and resurface the streets. I would do matching grants to any one in the community that wanted to beautify their home and yard. If they would do the work, I would pay the bill for the materials.

Places I have lived? I have lived here in Coffeyville where I was born. Then our family moved to Bellflower, California when I was eight. Back to Coffeyville after less then a year of homesickness, after we married, Bob and I moved to San Antonio, Texas for him to finish out his Air Force enlistment , then back to Coffeyville for a year, then he went to work at Phillips Petroleum Company and we moved to Bartlesville, Oklahoma where we lived sixteen years, then we moved to Caney, Kansas for eleven years before we moved back to Coffeyville when I went to work at the radio station here in 1981. We moved briefly to Independence, Kansas in 2000 and left there to come back here in 2003.....and we've been here ever since.

Bad habits? I talk too much.

Snacks I like? I like ice cream.

That's about it. I am going to tag Nicholas (or Sansego), Clara at Clara's Corner, and Junie and Junie's Place.

They can copy the list from my page and answer the questions on their blogs and then tag three other people. It's fun being tagged because it makes you think back.

5 comments:

Sansego said...

Thanks...I've been wanting to do another "Fun Friday" post with a survey/questionnaire but haven't found one that I liked. I really like this one...so look out for it on Friday.

Margie's Musings said...

I'll be looking forward to it, Nicholas.

Judy said...

I am glad you decided to take on the tag. I really enjoyed reading about your jobs and the places you have lived. Hope there is nothing serious with your husband and he finds his jeans. lol. Thanks, Margie, for participating. I thought it was fun, too.

Margie's Musings said...

There was nothing series enough to biopsy at this time, Judy, but Bob has two places he is going to watch. He zapped 12 places with Nitrogen.

He couldn't find the wheat jeans. They must be a seasonal product for spring and summer.

Clara....in TN said...

Thanks for the tag! Been there and done that! LOL