Sunday, October 12, 2008

Planting Pansies


My daughter brought me three flats of pansies this morning at church and I spent the afternoon planting them in the front of my house and took these pictures.

The service went fine. Since the theme today was Plea for Peace, I talked about the recent Peace Colloquy I attended with my friends. Everyone seemed to be interested.

My son and his girlfriend left this morning. Her daughter called last evening and said she had the flu and couldn't take care of her two little boys, age six and three so he took her back to his house, a three hour drive, where she will leave him and then drive three more hours back to her home in Ricker,Arkansaw. He is pressing her to either move in with him or marry and they have only dated a month. She is resisting rushing into something and I don't blame her. He needs to be patient. It won't happen though and she will run away as fast as she can. he scares them all off.

5 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

I really enjoy the way you insert real life into your political commentary. It reminds me there are things to do besides this...! Lol.

Sylvia K said...

It is sometimes hard to watch our children -- even though they are grown now -- do and say and act in ways that are basically going to cause them grief and yet keeping our mouths closed. All we can do is love them and hope for the best.

JunieRose2005 said...

Oh! That little garden looks very pretty! Daughters always seem to know what makes mothers happiest! :)

Thanks for your visits to my blog recently!

Junie

Margie's Musings said...

Real life is all around us even in the midst of this political season. :)

Thanks folks, for visiting my blog. By the way, it seems to be back the way it was now.

patsy said...

don't you love pansies? I do and the fall mums are great too.