Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Historic Election


Well...we did it! We elected the nation's very first black president! We stayed up last night and watched the entire thing..start to finish! Obama had a wonderful acceptance speech and, I must say, I was proud of McCain. His speech was just wonderful. Now I hope this country can pull together and get back on it's feet.

The crowds poured in to Grant Park in Chicago and into the streets all over America including Times Square in jubilation. Many people never thought they'd ever live to see a black president elected.

Obama has some very smart people to advise him and I am sure he will put a lot of thought and planning into the makeup of his cabinet.

"By electing Obama, the American people have emphatically rejected the selfishness, masquerading as freedom and rugged individualism, that has been the calling card of the American right wing since Barry Goldwater. In its place, they are calling not just for a new and expanded vision of government's role in American life but for a new vision of American society." Salon

3 comments:

Judy said...

I am so glad it is over and Obama won. What a historic event. I had e-mails from June in Australia, from Canada, and India. The whole world was watching history being made in the United States last night.

Margie's Musings said...

I agree, I'll bet the rest of the world will be excited too.

Balisha said...

Hi Margie,
I was so moved. What a great night for us all.
God Bless