Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rough Night

Well, it was a rough night. About 12:30, I heard Slinky in the kitchen coughing. I got up and found that he had vomited on the utility room rug. I let him out even though it was 10 degrees out there and then cleaned up the vomit.

Then I let him back in. I have been keeping an elongated cardboard box between the kitchen doorway and the dining room to block the doorway. I don't want Slinky in the dining room. Well, for some reason, he decided that's exactly where he wanted to be. I went back to bed and then I heard his toenails tapping on the dining room floor. I got back up and found him lying on the dining room rug. I ordered him back in the kitchen and blocked the doorway again. Then I went back to bed. It's very cold in the garage too but after the third trip to the kitchen to find him in the dining room, I put him in the garage anyway.

An hour later, just as I was going to sleep, I heard him barking. I got up again and put him outside to do his duty and then let him back in. This time I laid a chair across the doorway too. Then I went back to bed again. I finally got about an hour's sleep. At 6:00, I just got up. Luckily we don't have a lot to do today. We will go over to Cherryvale to meet my friend Gay and her husband for lunch. Hopefully, Slinky will stay in the kitchen. I will leave the chair across the doorway and hope for the best. It's just too cold outside for him and also too cold in the garage.

3 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

A baby gate across a doorway might be a great, inexpensive investment.

Sansego said...

I'm reading "Marley and Me" right now and find it hilarious. Maybe you should write a book about Slinky! He sounds mischievious and rebellious.

Margie's Musings said...

He's something else all right!

We put a piece of paneling across the doorway last night and things went fine.

By the way, I updated the AVG Free that I have used for years this morning and it did not download a needed .bin file So, I took it off my computers and installed Avast, another free antivirus program. I hope it's as good as AVG has been all these years. Has anyone had any experience with it? My son recommended it.