Sunday, March 22, 2009

Busy Sunday



This is and will be a busy Sunday. We got Scott off for the post at 8:00 this morning then got ourselves ready for church.

Scott had a great time on his date. This girl already has a steady boyfriend though and she wants to be "only friends". I can't imagine how her boyfriend would feel if he knew about that. It sounds like asking for trouble to me. Plus the fact that Scott is looking for a wife. Most women anymore do not want to get married...especially if they have been married before. I gave him a book about that phenomenon. He read it but I don't think he got it.

Back to Slinky...of course I had to have Slinky in the kitchen for his cinnamon toast and a cup of food. Then when I cooked for Scott, he had to have his bacon grease and 1 piece of bacon on another cup of food. What a dog!

He patiently waits for his bacon.

We had 22 at church this morning which is acceptable for our small church. If everyone that is on the active rolls came at the same time, though, we would have 33. Then we have 8 more that come that are not members. That would make 41.

Our church encourages small congregations so we can build a sense of community among the members. They divide congregations of over 125. Our building only holds 50 though so if we ever reach 50 we will have to buy additional pews. I don't look for that to happen but you never know.

When we got home from church we went to eat out by ourselves. I think our daughter and son-in-law went to Bartlesville to Lowe's to get some odds and ends they forgot they would need for the new house. Their good buddies, Jeff and Cyndi went with them.

After lunch, we came home and Bob took his nap and I worked on my notes to the congregation. All but 5 go out by e-mail.

Following that, I worked on my son-in-law and daughter's new home scrapbook. I caught up the 36th week. She is going to send me photos of the 37th week (last week) tonight sometime and I will get them in the book tomorrow.

Later tonight we have "Living the Questions" group at Maritt's home at 7:00. First we will watch 60 Minutes then leave for group.

No comments: