Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring is Nearly Here


It has been a lovely day. We went to church this morning and afterward went to eat out at a Chinese restaurant with our daughter, son-in-law and four friends. Then I spent the afternoon working on my letters and the article for the newspaper for Friday's church page. I preach next Sunday and afterward we will have a small lunch for the ministry of our church and a meeting afterward to plan the quarter's schedule. In our church, we have seven elders and we take turns preaching and presiding. The pastor is actually an administrator. We are all self sustaining.

Bob took Slinky for a walk at the park awhile ago. I imagine he loved that. Now Bob is making a trip to the market deli to get a couple of pieces of chicken. That must have sounded good to him.

This morning before church I went out to take a photo of the daffodils that are in bloom in the west flower bed. I love it when everything begins to bloom. I love spring when the flowers all begin blooming. I have tulips too out there but it's a little early for them yet. That particular bed also has iris so something blooms right along. The clematis is beginning to come up and so are the peonies. I can hardly wait to get dirt under my nails.

5 comments:

Balisha said...

Those daffs look so nice along that fenceline. It's dreary here today, but good weather is coming.Enjoy your evening.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks. We're supposed to have rain tomorrow.

Beth said...

Your daffodils look lovely, Margie. I get so excited this time of year when my plants begin to come up and the forsythia blooms. Spring is almost here!

Judy said...

I love the picture of your daffodils. They are so pretty. I am glad you are feeling better. That is a great picture of Slinky below.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, he's a real doll. He looks a little like a monster but he's a sweetheart.

I am cleaning house this morning and both animals are out because I waxed the kitchen floor and I don't want them on it.

We are expecting rain this morning. It was supposed to have come in last night but never arrived. We really need it.