Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Birthday Dinner

My daughter just called to say they were going to Bartlesville this evening to Garfield's to celebrate her husband's 57th birthday and they invited me to go along. Their son (my grandson) and his wife and baby will go too. They also asked me to invite my brother-in-law. He doesn't have much of a life. All he does is go visit my sister in the nursing home. Otherwise he is all alone. I sent off his birthday card yesterday. I hope he gets it today in time for his birthday.

Scott called this morning about 6:00. He will be coming here again in two weeks. That's the Saturday evening that they are having the PINCH community wide basket dinner and will be honoring my Bob, who began the entire idea. His contention was that if the entire community, both black and white, got together to eat and sat together and enjoyed an evening of entertainment together, they would get to know one another and their differences would disappear. It seemed to work. I will fix a dish for the dinner too and Scott and I will attend. That's on Saturday the 25th.

Today is my board meeting in Independence. It may be the last one before the Pittsburg Clinic takes the clinic over. They are already a federally funded health clinic. We have not been able to keep a nurse practitioner. It will be interesting to see how that goes.

When I get back from Independence, I will go visit Phyllis...around 2:00.

I finally got out to see Phyllis about 2:45 and stayed until 3:45. Poor Phyllis. She is so muddled. I am just sick about it. She told me she and Bob had bought one of two pickups in the parking lot. June, one of the other residents there had bought the other one...according to Phyllis at least. I did not argue with her. I just shared all the news I could think of and talked about the past. She even had trouble remembering the past today. She was in pain from walking to the bathroom so they gave her a pain pill. I think those pain pills are what is putting her to sleep. She says her life is a living hell. I don't doubt it.

4 comments:

Balisha said...

Your PINCH dinner sounds like a wonderful idea. Have a great day. Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha!

Anonymous said...

PINCH was a great idea. More people should do things like that. Hope you enjoyed the birthday dinner with your family. Sounds like fun.

Margie's Musings said...

We had a great time..and my grandson picked up the check for all of us.