Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Blizzard

Well, the blizzard that was forecast has arrived. It is a complete whiteout out there. We are to get 8 to 12 inches of snow....maybe more.

I called in my prescription for my blood pressure medicine yesterday and they told me they were very busy and it might be quite awhile until they got to it so I said I would pick it up later in the afternoon. That's right! I forgot! I took my last pill this morning. I'm quite sure I can't get out of my drive so I will have to do without the medicine until I can. This is supposed to be a storm of historic proportions.

Slinky and Missy and I will be in the house all day today and for as long as this blizzard lasts. They say it will go until late tonight. Maybe tomorrow I can dig myself out.

I have food. Keith and Joyce brought me homemade vegetable soup last evening..enough for two meals...maybe three. I have some canned soup and even hamburgers in the freezer so I won't starve. I have coffee and oatmeal and cereal in the pantry. I even have yogurt in the frig and that's what I eat for supper each evening. I just hope the furnace keeps going and the water doesn't freeze. I have a 75 watt light bulb next to the water line on top of the tank. I hope that will keep the water from freezing.

I have books to read and the internet (as long as the lines stay up). Of course, if the electricity goes off, I won't have heat since the furnace starts with an electric igniter.

More later...

I put my boots on and waded out to the mailbox to get my mail. There was no sign of tracks for the mailman's cart and sure enough, no mail at all. Not even junk mail. I guess I will not get a newspaper either. The snow was up over the top of my boots. Luckily, I had a large paper sack in the coat closet and so I put it on the carpet and when I came back in I peeled those boots off on the sack.

4 comments:

clairz said...

Margie, it sounds like you are well prepared. Stay warm, and keep us posted!

Margie's Musings said...

I will Clair. Thanks for reading my blog.

Balisha said...

Hi Margie,
We are just starting out with the storm. We too have blizzard warnings. I hope it isn't as bad as they predict. It sounds like you are ready...we are too. I intend to keep blogging to let people know where this storm is and what's going on. I'll be reading your posts. Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha!