Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rainy Saturday with Hail!

Drat it! It started raining in the night and has been raining ever since. Slinky wanted in since it was so damp so he's here with me in the kitchen....licking his feet. He does that all the time. I fixed my oatmeal and sure enough, he got most of it.

I don't know what I am going to do today. I hate to get out in the rain. After awhile, I will try to call the hospital and talk to Pete. But I'll wait to do that until 10:00 or 11:00 o'clock. I had hoped to get back down there yesterday but had too much stuff packed into the day.

More later...after I have something to post.

We just had a really bad hailstorm with marble sized hail with some ping pong sized hail mixed in. I hope my roof made it through alright. It began shortly before 9:00 and just stopped a little while ago. The ground is white with hail. I brought Slinky in off the patio. It might have scared him and definitly would have got him wet. We have some flooding in the street and the back yard, which is low, is flooded. I believe it is passing on now. It's almost 9:30.

3 comments:

marlu said...

We just had a small shower that turned into pea sized hail. That has passed. We need some rain but no flooding, thanks!

Balisha said...

We are having a sunny day here in Illinois.Nice day for you to stay in I think. Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it was Balisha. It rained most of the day and hailed at least twice. I wonder about my roof.