Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One of Those Days

This is one of those days. I didn't have enough to do at work until the toolbox became lost. I searched for an hour until I found it. It was in a box.

Now it's pouring down rain. I am going with my brother-in-law to Bartlesville to his doctor's appointment. Hopefully it will let up.

The carpenter, Jeff, did not get finished with his repair. He got the painting done but the repair area is wide open. It's about a foot square. It's supposed to rain for the next few days. Then perhaps he can get back to it. I also want him to strip the paint from the east side of the patio cover and a small place on the front on the house just under the guttering. so I can paint it.

More later...

Bob A. and I went to see his oncologist this afternoon and got the good news. His lymphoma is not growing anything new. The two polyps he had removed were not going anywhere. So the doctor wants him to have a blood test every three months and a CT scan every year but will not order another colonoscopy for three years unless something unforeseen shows up in his blood work or CT scan....or unless he begins to have symptoms.

That's good news and he was very relieved. We all carry all kinds of bad bacteria and diseases around in our bodies all the time. Unless something happens to weaken our immune systems, nothing ever becomes of those diseases. I knew that but it often needs to be reiterated.

We celebrated by eating a Dink's Bar B.Q.

No comments: