Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cooler Sunday

It was 100 degrees and hotter yesterday. What a day. I stayed in and read a book primarily because Slinky had to be in or roast. I also watched a lot of the episodes of the Living the Questions DVD that we are showing at church camp (called reunion in our tradition). It was definitely a slow day. Of course I got the lawn mowed and partly trimmed (before the battery on my trimmer went down) and the windows washed so I was gratified.

Today I am in charge at church. My daughter is the speaker.

After lunch I will come back and do my letters and also let Slinky in the kitchen if he needs to be in. I will stay home tonight and watch 60 Minutes.

Tomorrow evening I will go out to John and Leslie's for the 4th. John loves to shoot off fireworks. We will have hamburgers and the works including homemade ice cream again. I must remember to make potato salad this afternoon.

All next week my supervisor will be gone and I have no idea what I will do at work. Sit..I imagine.

More later....

I did the letters. It was 102 this afternoon and Slinky spent much of the afternoon in the kitchen. Then it began to cool off a bit and he wanted to go outside so I let him out...with plenty of water.

Then it began to rain. That cooled it down to the 70's. The new patio roof did not leak. He has stayed dry out there and cooled off too. I can't find Missy. She's in the house somewhere but hates the fireworks so is hiding. I imagine she will want out after midnight when the fireworks stops. Even though it is raining, that has not stopped the kids from doing their fireworks. The noise drives me crazy too. I know how Missy feels. I just let Inky out of the garage. He likes to stay in there and I usually have a time getting him to come out even though it's usually very hot in there.

He's out on the patio now.

2 comments:

ChuckFu said...

working half a day today, it the 4th, nothing much to do, maybe goto MWR, nap, watch a movie

Margie's Musings said...

Sounds good to me!