Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to Routine

I was going to clean my daughter's house today but she had cleaned it yesterday for her party. So I am cleaning my own instead. I have to vacuum next. I got the bathrooms and kitchen cleaned.After I vacuum, I will dust.

Surprise! My son, Keith, who is in Iraq called a little while ago. It was sure good to hear his voice again. He's such a sweetheart.

I will try to get to Independence after while to have lunch with Leslie, my daughter.

Right now, I'd better get back to work before I lose the energy to do it.

More later...

Well, the house is nice and clean again. And I did have lunch with Leslie. We had a good visit. Now at 2:11, I am resting before beginning again to clean my bedroom, the only room I didn't get to.

I dropped by the church to see the reorganized storage closet and Leslie and Karan did a nice job of organizing it Sunday afternoon.

Tonight I will watch Frontline on PBS. There supposed to be a very important story on Top Security. I heard an interview with the author on NPR this afternoon. It sounded very interesting. Now that security is so easily penetrated by hackers, there really is very little that is secure in the government.

I also learned that the housing around all the new CIA officers in Baltimore is very rich, the schools are better then any others in the area. Those new CIA agents are being very well paid.

In fact, I learned yesterday that 21.5% of government employees make over $100,000 a year. Those CIA agents are even better paid then that. Hmmmm....

Then there's this job training job I have through the Department of Labor. I make minimum wage. Furthermore, the program was cut from 30 hours a week to 20 hours a week and then 15 hours a week and now 12 hours a week. So would you say low income seniors are paying their way? They cut the program for low income seniors but hired hundreds of high income CIA agents and built exceptional schools for their children. So I wonder how much government money they saved?

I hope you all watched "Top Secret America" on PBS on Frontline tonight. Scarey...very scarey! What have we wrought??? Now watch POV on PBS. It should be just as scarey. When will we take our country back?

4 comments:

marlu said...

We had songs from the '50's on PBS and no Frontline tonight!

Margie's Musings said...

I see. Well, watch for the program Marlu, and when it is shown on your PBS...don't miss it.

You may be able to catch it on PBS.com. I watched it there again.

marlu said...

Thanks. I will.

Margie's Musings said...

I believe it is PBS.org instead on com.