Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Busy Tuesday

Today will be fairly busy. I baked my two cakes yesterday afternoon late and after they cooled, I iced them. Phyllis F. brought me hers while I was mixing up mine so I have three now. I will load them into the trunk of my car in a little while and pick up Bob A. at 10:30 to deliver them to Independence by 11:00.

In the meantime, I sold another book on Amazon...one of Leslie's textbooks, and will run that by the post office. I also got a check from my oldest son yesterday and while I'm downtown, I will deposit it into my savings. He's a sweetheart!

I also spent the evening writing postcards on my computer and addressing them. One of my classmates called yesterday afternoon. Several of our classmates had called him wanting to talk to him about having a small class reunion this fall instead of next year. (our 60th) We are dropping like flies. We lost six this year. Altogether, we've lost 96 since our graduation. I sent postcards to 25 classmates that live in the immediate area to invite them to a meeting at my house on January 20th to discuss the possibility.

I've heard from only one who didn't want to do this. All the others, about a dozen, that I've heard from so far are in favor. We'll know more after we find out how many workers we would have to put it together. We actually just thought we would meet some Friday evening for dinner, each of our own expense, and then the next evening, a Saturday, we would meet at the box room at our stadium and have dessert or cookies and coffee and watch a football game between our home team and another from there. We've done that twice before and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. We also discussed inviting the class just ahead of us who haven't had a reunion since their 50th. I would have to have some addresses for them though to invite them.

Anyhow, I will know more after that meeting on the 20th.

Then tonight, I will have to put Slinky either on the patio or in the garage while I'm at the library board meeting at 5:00 and the foundation meeting just following it. I won't be home until 7:00 and I'm not sure how cold it would be for him outside. He may have to spend a couple of hours in the garage. It's not as cold.

Slinky slept well last night. He only woke me once to get out to pee and then went right back to sleep when I let him back in. He is lying here at my feet on his cushion right now..very content.

No comments: