Saturday, June 28, 2014

A Different Saturday

Bob and I will go to eat breakfast at 7:00 as usual and then later around 11:30 Bobby and Karan will come by to take me to Tulsa with them for Keith's 80th birthday party.  It's from 1:00 until 3:00 this afternoon. Bob didn't want to go for some reason.

Sunday we will have church as usual and then later that evening the group will meet for Living the Questions group meeting at Marilyn's house.

Monday at 2:00 I have a graveside service to do for Gerry. Her family is having her ashes buried next to Bud's...her husband. They had  her cremated earlier. She was 93. 

Then Tuesday is my Leslie's birthday. She will be 56 years old.  It doesn't seem possible. Her brother, Keith, will be 58 in August.  Scott's 53rd birthday is in November. My children are all middle aged. How can that be? :)

More later....ome tonight

My daughter is handling the registrations for the church camp I am directing and also has designed the schedule brochure. She is a great help. She is also a terrifically busy person.   She learned today that our evangelist is not coming. He is the first person I had asked way back last winter. That is a disappointment. But maybe we won't need the evangelist.  He was to have helped with the morning worship service.

Bobby and Karan  came by at 11:30 and picked me up for the trip to Tulsa for Keith's surprise 80th birthday party. We had a real good time and Keith and Joyce were delighted that we came. There must have been 50 people there and we were the only ones from Coffeyville.  Coming home, we ran into some real bad rain. We drove out of it after we left Tulsa though.  I got home around 5:00. Bob is coming over later to watch TV with me and have some wine.

Marilyn called later to cancel the Living the Questions group. She has company coming today. We will just stay home tomorrow and watch 60 Minutes.

No comments: