Friday, June 29, 2018

Friday and Another Hot Day

It's supposed to be another scorcher today. However I slept fairly well. My right arm was hurting again and so I got up at 4:30. I took Aleve yesterday morning and it was fine all day but I can't just keep taking Aleve. It's not good for the kidneys.

I bribed Missy to get off the bed so I could finish making it. I offered her treats early. Then I filled her water bowl and her food bowl and came on back to dress and get myself ready for the day. I don't have a plan for today. I do need to go to Walmart and get some more treats and the ingredients for my potato salad for Sunday's cookout at John and Leslie's after church. But that can wait until later.

Yesterday afternoon I worked on the sermon I am to give on the 22nd of July. I will be gone to church camp from July 7th until the 13th so I wanted to get it done early. I'm really not all that happy with it but maybe I can polish it up some at the last minute. At least it's roughed out.

More later...

I took Missy out as soon as it got light. Unfortunately, she was not as well behaved as she usually has been and I had to pick her up and bring her back in the house four times before she finally decided to behave herself. She snarled and hissed at me all the way back in. Early morning is the only time she can go out today because we are under an extreme heat advisory. Now she is lying in the sunshine in the living room doorway. It's cool in the apartment. It's now hot outside.

So, more even later....

My beautician is going to give up her job so I am looking for a new one in Coffeyville. I may use the one Leslie used to go to (Toni) before she went back to Douglas, the one in Bartlesville.

I stopped by that shop before coming home from Utopia. Karan had asked Colleen and me to go there with her after exercise class. Right now, I need to get myself some lunch. So more later...

I spent the afternoon  cleaning. After 5:00 I turned on the TV to watch the news. Then I took my bath and watched an episode or two of "Cheers" on Amazon Prime. At 8:45 Missy and I went to bed. 

No comments: