Monday, June 11, 2018

Monday and Another Computer Problem

Yesterday my notebook computer tried to update Windows 10 and it is still trying to restart after all day and all night. That operating system has cost me three computers. Keith got two of them fixed for me but the post office ruined the Dell I liked the best. Now the new notebook he bought for me is stuck on restarting and will not open. Luckily he bought me an extended warranty with this notebook and I may just have to take it back to Walmart in Independence where he bought it. It evidently cannot handle the Windows 10 updates.

I slept fairly well last night. I got up before 5:00AM but had my sleep out since I went to bed at 9:00.

Today I will go to exercise class. My right arm is still giving me some trouble but I may end up taking some Aleve for that. I get tired of dealing with the pain. I leave Thursday for the cruise and I am taking Aleve with me.

More later....I will take Missy outside as soon as it gets lighter. She misses being able to go outside.

I watered all the flowers and let Missy outside with me for a little while. Then Leslie dropped by to show me how to work that huge suitcase she loaned me for my cruise.  She packed all of John's and her clothing for their cruises in this one suitcase and she is sure I will be able to get all my clothes including my coat in this one.  I was leery of my carry on being too heavy after it was packed anyhow so that is a godsend. I am not to carry or lift more then 15 pounds. Now I will only have to pack one big bag and put my schedules and boarding passes in my purse.

While I was visiting with Leslie, I noticed the notebook began it's upgrade of Windows 10. It is 85% complete now. I am so relieved. I have e-mailed Keith of this development. Now perhaps I can put the warranty away again.  If I am going to take Aleve, I had better do it now and get on to exercise class. So, more later....

I went on to exercise class and later ate some lunch of a nice big salad. My lettuce is staying fresh in Tupperware. I have had it for at least a couple of weeks. I then baked my cake for the First Christian Church. I will ice it when it cools.

I changed everything in my purse to a slight larger purse.  I couldn't get the envelopes in so I took the documents out of the envelopes and just left them folded in my purse. Everything fit in that way.

Then Dr. Burch's office called to say my right eye contacts were in.  So since I was caught up on everything and was just waiting for my cake to cool to ice it, I went on over to Caney to pick up the contacts. I yelled at Nancy as I went by her house. She was working in her yard. We visited for a short time and then I went on up to get the contacts. They had gone up from $75. to $85.  Luckily my social security will be in on Wednesday.

I reminded Karan to bake her cake. She had forgotten. But she got right on it. Bob will bake his this evening. He will ice it in the morning. I will ice mine right now. It is cool now.

More later...

I took Missy out for awhile at 3:20 but it was 92 degrees and just too hot for her. So she came back in reluctantly...but it was too hot for an old cat with a fur coat...that's for sure. It's 4:00 now and in an hour the CBS news will be on. I will watch it.  So...more later...

At 7:00PM I took my bath and got ready for bed. Missy and I watched an episode of "Nature" on Amazon Prime and then one of "Frasier". At 9:00PM, we both went off to bed.

No comments: