Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Tuesday and Hair Do Day and Cake Deliveries

Hooray! I slept through the entire night last night. I got up at my usual 5:00AM but really got a good night's sleep for a change!

I dressed and got myself ready for the day, cleaned out Missy's litter box and checked my bank account.  Then I went to the kitchen and fed Missy and myself and turned on the news. I had a lovely clear picture for the first time in weeks!  Hooray!

The hand seems much better this morning. It's only barely swollen and just stiff from that swelling.. 

Today, at 9:00AM, I will get my hair done and then pick up Bob's cake and go on to the church and pick up Sue's cake from the freezer there and then go on to Independence to deliver the cakes to the First Christian Church . On my way back home I will stop at the church again and pick up the ground beef Leslie left there for me on Sunday. I want to defrost one of those pounds of ground beef for my goulash for Sunday's basket dinner. The others I will keep in the freezer for chili this winter.

The rest of the day is up for grabs. I will play it by ear. Tonight my ice cream bars from Schwans will  be here sometime between 5:00PM and 8:00PM. I have stopped buying their other frozen food because even their singles are too large for me and I cannot eat all that food. The Good Value frozen dinners from Walmart are smaller and just right for me. The plus is they only cost $1.88 each.

So,more later....

Bob just texted me that he didn't get his cake done yesterday. So I will only have four to deliver. We initially started with two from Independence and two from Neodesha and four from Coffeyville but then three of them dropped out and sometimes Sue doesn't get one done either.  Only four of us are retired so I understand the others dropping out. And Phyllis still works part time.

More later...

I got my hair done and then went to Independence and delivered the cakes and brought my ground beef  home and put it in the freezer. I will take one package out to thaw in the frig.for my goulash for the basket dinner at church on Sunday. I have all the ingredience except for tomato sauce. I will have to remember to take my minutes book because we have a business meeting on Sunday too.

I was trying to watch the noon news and it was tearing. The station cuts power in the middle of the day. I don't know why.

I raked up some leaves this afternoon. But didn't get finished. It won't do a lot of good anyhow since there are still lots of leaves on the trees. But the exercise was good for me.

Later in the day, at about 4:00PM, I noticed the TV cleared up again and wasn't tearing any longer. I had turned it off all afternoon. I noticed my hand was still swollen and put ice on it. It still doesn't hurt.

I watched the Channel 6 news and CBS news and then changed over to Amazon Prime. I took my bath after the Schwan's delivery came with my ice cream bars.  Then Missy and I watched The New detectives until 9:00PM and then we went to bed. I took my melatonin before Missy and I went to bed.


Sister--Three said...

A good night's sleep is such a blessing.

Margie's Musings said...

You are so right Sister-Three! It makes all the difference.