Saturday, February 16, 2019

Saturday and a Trip to Coffeyville

I slept fairly well last night. I had trouble getting to sleep to begin with. Then I woke up in the night and needed to go to the bathroom and while there, I took my med.

This morning my watch has stopped. I just had a new battery put in six months ago. For some reason this watch just eats batteries. I may go to a jewelry store to get this next one instead of Walmart.

I am lost without a watch so I will go over to Coffeyville and get one put in. There's nowhere here in Caney that does that.

Bob called this morning to say my ex-neighbor, Marilyn, had gone to the emergency room yesterday very sick. I tried to call Evelyn to find out how Marilyn was and she had not heard she was sick. She contacted Marilyn and then called me back. Marilyn had been just fine but then she went to Arby's for a turkey sandwich and after that she got violently ill with both vomiting and diarrhea.  Her stepdaughter came and took her to the Coffeyville emergency room. They diagnosed it as food poisoning. It will be awhile before Marilyn goes back to Arbys....if ever.

I will call Marilyn after a while and see how she is feeling today. She needs to know I was concerned about her. She was a good neighbor.

Bob and Joanne went to the Kiwanis pancake breakfast this morning. They were unimpressed with the coffee. Bob said it was very weak. He much prefers the Lion's Club pancake breakfast.

Well, more later. I'd better get over to Coffeyville and get that watch battery. 

I stopped in Coffeyville and got a watch battery from the Cantrell Jewelry Store and then went on to the First Baptist Church to the pancake lunch. Then I went by to visit with Marilyn, my former neighbor. After we had a nice visit, I went to Brahms and bought my yogurt and then came on back home. It has been cold all afternoon so I just watched TV for awhile. I was tired of reading.  At 5:00PM, I got a message saying "they" had tried to deliver my package 4 times. Unless it was the box of coffee from Amazon, I don't know what package that would be.

Marilyn just called me to say there was no package there at the apartment and no truck had been by to make a delivery. That's good. I thought I got my coffee order cancelled in time before the move. I do have to go to Walgreen's sometime soon and pick up my prescription. They texted me that it was ready.

It's almost 5:30PM so I guess I will go watch the news.

More later...

I watched the news and then the weather channel  until 8:00PM. I could not keep my eyes open any longer and went on to bed. 
  


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I heard last night on news about turkey making folks sick all over the country.

It specifically said turkey was the culprit.

Margie's Musings said...

That's good to know. Although Marilyn's friend had the turkey too and it did not make her sick.