Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Tuesday and a Lot of Laundry

I slept well last night and got up at 6:00AM. I stripped the bed and put the towels and underwear in the laundry with them. Everything is in the dryer now.

I have had my oatmeal and coffee and fed the cat and her kitties. My dishes are still soaking in the sink. That's called Heloising them. That comes from the "Hints From Heloise" from far in the past. You fill the sink with very hot water and dish soap and drop the dishes in it and let the water cool down. Then you rinse the dishes and let them dry in the drainer and they are done. Later, you can just put them away. Since I don't have a dishwasher in this apartment, that's what I do every day.

I don't have anything else planned for today except to remake the bed. The dryer just stopped so I will return to this later.

O.K. I  have my bed remade and the towels put away and the underwear in the right drawers.  Now I am exhausted. That toe surgery thing must have taken more out of me then I thought. I even had a good night's sleep and it's only 8:01AM in the morning. Whew!

My bedspread is over ten years old and looks really tacky but I have not found another one to take it's place.  I really want shades of tan or beige and perhaps an accent of brown. Everything I have seen is too gaudy though. There's no rush. Surely, eventually I will find one I like. Maybe at TJ Maxx. Mussy picked at this one with her claws for years and even though I ran it through the laundry before I left Coffeyville, and used the lint vacuum on it, it still looks tacky. Next week, after my social security comes in, I may go down to Bartlesville and look around for one.

More later...

The trash people came and I went out and swept the drive off and put the trash bin away. I also tried to straighten up the garage. I would like to get some heavy duty hooks and try to hang the leaf vacuum, the blower and the ironing board on the wall out there.  I will ask Suzanne if that is o.k.

More later....

Suzanne said that would be fine so next week I will look for some appropriate hooks to hang in the garage. That way I can get the broom, the leaf vacuum and the ironing board off the floor. I got my little craft house for my umbrella  hung this afternoon.

Then about 2:00PM, I went over to Nancy's to take her the Reporter. I stayed until 3:30PM and visited. She was feeling pretty well today.

I had an e-mail from Gay asking of she had any friends that wanted to meet for lunch Thursday or Friday. Then Saturday, her classmates are meeting at Eggberts for a class meeting at 11:30AM. She would like me to come to that too. I may do that too.

This evening the little teenage girl will be here to mow my west side yard.

Tomorrow I will go to Coffeyville for breakfast with Bob, my hair appointment at 9:30AM,  the library after that to return my two books, next to the Woodshed for gas, Dollar General for another group of seven folders and copies of classmate stuff for Coffeyville's ReAwakening group. Then there is Bunco at the senior center at 1:00PM, and later in the afternoon a trip out to Walmart for the rest of my groceries. I will stop at Braums on my way out of town and get milk. I am nearly out.

It will be another big day.

I will watch the news later this evening and after the girl leaves, I will take my bath and go to bed. I may watch another episode of "Murder She Wrote" first.

Calesta finished the mowing and I gave her $10.00 for mowing that west side for me. I knew with that big bandage I would not be able to get a shoe on over it. 

It's almost 8:30PM now and I have changed my bandage and put a clean one on and put a clean white sock over it. I hope that will keep it from pulling the bandage off.  Getting in and out of the bathtub is a real challenge.  I am not supposed to get that toe wet until after next Monday . I think I will go to bed now.


No comments: