Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Wednesday and a Hair Appointment

I slept fitfully again last night. My right arm was aching off and on all night. Finally I got up and took two Aleve and that helped a lot. I dressed and had my oatmeal and the last of the boxed coffee and Chai Latte for my breakfast.

I kept my hair appointment in Coffeyville and Toni was the only one working. And while I was there I bought gas at 1.59 a gallon. Karan had given me some rubber gloves to wear to use to hold the nozzle for the gas. Then I went out to Walmart and bought my coffee and Chai Latte and used the last of my $10.00  gift certificate I had won at Bunco several weeks ago.

Then I came on back home.

One of the teen girls will be coming this afternoon to mow for me...probably Nalani. She was the usual mower last August. I plugged in the power supply for my trimmer and got it back together this morning. I did get most of the trimming finished before the battery went down yesterday. After sitting and reading all winter, I realize I am going to have to get out and walk and work my strength back up if I am going to get to mow this spring and summer.

It is noon now and I have had the last of my strawberries for my lunch. I hope Nalani comes soon.  It is 12:40PM now.

More later...

It's after 2:30 PM now and she hasn't come yet. Twice I have gone out and mowed on the west side but my stamina is gone. Too much sitting around all winter, I guess. I will rest awhile and then perhaps go back out and work on it some more. Perhaps by evening, I can get it done. Or maybe she will come later...

Krystal's youngest daughter came to mow for me. It was later then I thought but her mom brought her.  She did a nice job and charged me the same as the the other daughters did last August.

I am watching the Oklahoma news now and waiting for the CBS news. It is 5:20PM  now.

I see Sonic is offering their kids' meals for $1.99. You can't beat that for two chicken strips, tater tots and a small drink. That's all I ever need.

Big Yellow Tom is out there in front eating supper. I took the double bowl and two single dishes out there for the four of them. I don't think any of the other cats are there yet. I sometimes have four. 

It is 6:45PM now and I guess I will take my bath and put my pjs and robe on and read.  At 9:00PM or so, I will go on to bed.


2 comments:

Kay said...

Nalani? She has a Hawaiian name? What fun! I'm surprised you were able to get in the hair appointment. Luckily I've been cutting my mom and Art's hair.

Margie's Musings said...

That's neat, Kay, that you can do that. I have no one else to cut my hair. I do trim it around my ears when it begins to hang over my ears. All three girls have those sort of names.