Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Wednesday and Hairdo Day

I slept like a log last night and didn't wake up until 6:00AM..a really amazing night! I don't know how that happened but I am sure ready for the day.

I have made my bed and dressed and am having my breakfast. It's already 7:15AM.

I even have fed the three cats that came for breakfast. Blondie, Inky and Scruff.

I haven't even had the TV on yet to check "the weather on the 8's". I will do that now.

More later...

I have a 9:30AM hair appointment and I will get gasoline afterward. I also want to drop by the senior center and borrow their electric hedge clipper. 

If their old one doesn't work I will order one from Amazon. As long as I live here I will need one. Doing it by hand with a non electric one is slow and messy. 

It's 7:50AM now and I want to leave at 8:00AM because it may be that Toni will be ready early as she sometimes  is. I don't have to go to the bank today because I stopped off there yesterday when I picked up the Coffeyville cakes.

So, more later when I get home from Coffeyville.

I got my hair done and picked up the electric hedge trimmer from Janet at the senior center and also got gasoline while there at South Coffeyville. Janet is not sure if the hedge trimmer is working but I will plug it in and see if it does. If it doesn't, I will order one from Amazon. 

The hedge trimmer worked fine and I spent some time using it and really didn't get as much done on it as I had hoped. I told Janet in a text that it worked fine and was the just the right size for me  and I asked her if she would like to sell it to me. She said she would have to run that by the board and I asked her to do that. I couldn't use a larger one at all.This one was about all I could handle. If they don't want to sell it to me I will try to order one that same size from Amazon. It's much easier to handle and much faster to do the job. I used my leaf vacuum to clean up after it. By then I was really exhausted. I will check the name of that one just in case I have to order one.

It was a Craftsman 20 inch electric hedge trimmer. I will check the price on those just in case I have to order one of them.They don't offer a 20 inch Craftsman trimmer anymore online but I can get a 16 inch Black and Decker one for $32.95. Or I can get a Scott's 20 inch electric hedge trimmer for $32.95.

I went out to Sonic at lunch time and bought the kid's Wacky Pack chicken strip dinner with tater tots and a small coke. On Wednesdays that is on special for $2.18. I get it every once in awhile. It's pretty good and just the right size for me.

More later...

I have been working on that jigsaw puzzle all afternoon and I am almost certain all the pieces aren't there. I sort the pieces according to color and then I put together that part of the puzzle. Some of the parts cannot be assembled because there simply aren't enough of the pieces for that part of the puzzle.

I will continue trying and see if it will work out somehow. It's only 500 pieces. It shouldn't be that hard.

Three cats came for supper this evening and I got them fed and brought in the bowls. 

More later.. It's 6:39PM right now.

Suzanne called me this evening and asked me to go walking with her. We walk at the cemetery and it's always mowed and beautiful. It's a good place to walk. Then after that, we went to Big G's and had a small flurry.  We drove around Caney for awhile and looked at houses and everything. We had a nice visit.  Suzanne is the primary caregiver for her sister. He sister is two years younger then me but was involved in a serious accident a couple of years ago  and has developed memory problems from a head injury. Suzanne sees her  several times a week and takes her food too. Sometimes the sister forgets to eat.

I really appreciate Suzanne. She is the only Caney friend I have now that I can't seem to connect with Nancy.

It's 9:07PM now and I guess I will read awhile to get sleepy.

Then I will go to bed.

 

No comments: