Saturday, August 21, 2021

Saturday and Rain

I woke up at 4:00AM to a huge clap of thunder as the rain started. I got up and checked out the back door and sure enough, it was raining...finally. But it's 6:20AM now and I think the rain is gone. It's too dark out there to tell at this stage but I don't hear it anymore. When it gets light out there I will go take a look. I am glad I brought the solar kitty in last night. When I checked the outside at 4:00AM this morning, the solar cardinal was glowing brightly in the back flowerbed....rain and all.

I have dressed and had my breakfast and am working on my Chai now. Soon I will go turn on the TV to the "weather on the 8's" and see what the local forecast is now. It changes nearly daily. But why am I surprised? This is Kansas. 

This has been a strange week. First a major water main broke and we had no water for awhile and then yesterday, the electricity had been off and I had to reset all the electric clocks and the microwave when I got home from Coffeyville. I also had to reboot both computers. But again, why am I surprised? This is Caney. This week I got a letter from the city of Caney, explaining they had violated some state law about the purity of their water. At least they sent a letter to all their water customers, admitting it. They think they have it fixed now but I don't drink Caney water. I filter all that I drink or make coffee with and also buy bottled water.

I hope the flowers enjoyed the rain water. At least I won't have to water them today.

I will go see if the TV works and I can see "the weather on the 8's". I will get back to this later.

The CBS news is on. I will check it out first. Sure enough, the rain has stopped.

I went out back and once again picked up the three or four dozen leaves that had blown in my back yard from the tree in my south neighbor's back yard. I do that three or four times a day.

After the news, I read awhile. Then I went out to Dollar General and bought the few things I couldn't get at the market.

It's 11:15AM and I don't believe the mailman has been by yet. I'm not sure what to have for my lunch today.

More later...

I had a frozen mini pizza for my lunch with some sugar free punch. Then I spent the next 45 minutes raking leaves in my front yard and bagging them up in a large black yard bag. I wore plastic gloves to do that. I am hot and sweaty  but have the air on higher to cool the apartment off.

  • Over 339,000,000 vaccines given in the US alone and your chance of actually dying or having an adverse effect is less than .0019% this is less than any over the counter drug you take (majority aren't FDA approved btw), food you ingest, or new medication that your doctor prescribed that you take. There will always be rare adverse effects to anything you take and don't bat an eye over. You have a 1.7 chance of dying from COVID. You are 894 times more likely to die from COVID than to have an adverse effect or die from the vaccine. no, mRNA doesn't alter DNA, that's not how that works. People get sick, that doesn't change with COVID being around so just because someone got a vaccine months back and "claims" that the vaccine causes them to have (a,b,c..etc) doesn't mean the vaccine equals causation even though the occasional person wants to look for a reason. That's like me saying "I got the vaccine 10 months ago and now I have chrone's disease". No that doesn't make sense guys, I have a hereditary gene for that. Except the general population doesn't understand their own genetic markers, let alone, virology, epidemiology, statistics, and microbiology. Also for those going "I've heard some healthcare professionals haven't gotten it and are against it". I ask you this, if 96% of the HC Professionals are siding with it, why on earth would you go with the 4%?? You wouldn't do that if only 4% of engineers said it was safe to fly Delta (no pun intended) and 96% said otherwise, you wouldn't fly Delta. I hate that people have brought politics into this. Science and fact doesn't care about politics and niether do I when it comes to this. Stop looking for information to feed your stance. Btw if you get a lot of stories that are against the vaccine, it's because of the way algorithms are set up to show you things it knows you're interested in (hence your ads, news, etc). When you think of mortality, you need to think of morbidity when it comes to COVID. Just because just under 2% dies doesn't mean they didnt fight for their lives for weeks to months before being deemed okay for discharge. Also, there are long lasting effects that people are suffering from. We as healthcare professionals are tired of this, and with the growing numbers in our hospitals it becomes unsafe. Especially due to the amount of HCP's leaving the industry from burnout due to the first wave that they had to endure. 
     
    My granddaughter, Ashley, an RN, wrote this. She is working this pandemic.
     
    I just had a text from Dale, Nancy's cousin. She is back home now. I may try to raise her and go see her.
     
    I called her from in front of her house and she was there and answered her doorbell.I visited for awhile and Keith called and didn't stay on the line while I was visiting with Nancy. Nancy and I took a drive around Caney and then actually went down to Dewey. She needed to get out of the house. We visited for quite awhile and then at 5:00PM, I came on back home in case Keith calls me back.
     
    David is not doing well at all. Nancy is not sure he will make a full recovery. 
     
    I will watch the CBS news and then at 7:00PM, I will take my bath and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

We also got rain last night, starting around 11 PM and ending in the wee hours of the morning. The gauge said we got an inch and 4/10's.

Margie's Musings said...

I'll bet you needed it!

Donna. W said...

We sure did!
\