Sunday, October 17, 2021

Sunday and Church and Evening Services on Zoom

I slept very well last night and only woke up one time. Then I got right back to sleep. I was up at my usual 5:00AM. I have dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have the sermon this morning at church. It's been awhile so I hope it goes o.k. I plan to leave here about 9:30AM so I can check if the church is still clean and have some time to vacuum it if it isn't..

In a little while, I will go check "the weather on the 8's" and see what to expect today. This is Kansas so anything goes.  I will also see if either or both of the cats are out there for breakfast. It's only 6:17AM so it is probably too early for them to be out there.

I will have to remember to take my readers to be able to read the scripture. I have an appointment with the optometrist in Coffeyville in November  and I am hoping she will give me a stronger left eye contact. Roger always gave me a very strong contact to be sure my lazy eye was stimulated enough so I could see well enough to read small print. This woman is more conservative and the one she gave me at the appointment last year is not strong enough so I have to use readers to read print. 

More later..I am going to go check the weather. 

The TV picture was all torn up again on all channels. I called Cox and the tech there got it going again but within 15 minutes it was tearing again. I called them back and it straightened up again for awhile but then began doing it again. They are sending a tech out tomorrow between 8:00 and 10:00 to bring me a newer piece of equipment. I was told by one of their techs that the box I had been given when I moved here was old and obsolete. She wanted me to drive over to Ark City to their nearest office to pick up a newer piece of equipment.  I wasn't about to do that when there are tech trucks all over Caney. I have never had problems with Cox until I moved to Caney and the tech that set up my TV here gave me that obsolete piece of equipment. It has been a problem off and on ever since then.

My TV picture is still a mess! Why should I expect any different?

I will leave for church any time now and be back here after lunch.

I left for church at 9:30AM and got there by 10:00AM. I cleaned what little I had to clean and ran off the bulletins, turned on the PA system and waited for the congregation to arrive. Leslie and Karan worked on the worship center. Again, we had a small but loyal number. It may take awhile for the others to return. Church attendance is a habit and once a person breaks the habit, it may be hard for them to get back to it. I keep texting them and telling them the theme and the person speaking each week in hopes of getting them to come back. 

The service seemed to go well and it was only 35-40 minutes long.

John and Leslie and Cheyenne and Karan and I went to El Pueblito in Independence for lunch. I had a chicken chimichanga  ala carte for my lunch. So did Leslie.

More later...  

I read my book until I finished it in the afternoon and then watched the Springfield church service on Zoom. I took my bath after that and went to bed  fairly early at 9:00PM

 

No comments: