Monday, August 15, 2022

Monday and a Visit With Nancy

I slept poorly part of the night..waking up at 1:00AM but then I got up and took two Melatonin tablets and went back to sleep for the rest of the night and just got up about 5:45AM. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I put a load of laundry in the washer...mostly underwear and towels. I will fix my breakfast next and check on the cats and "the weather on the 8's".  It's 6:22AM now.

More Later.... 

I got in the living room just in time to catch the cats waiting for their breakfast. I just got their food out to them and back in the house and the weather came on.

Today will be 103 degrees and mostly sunny. Tuesday is forecast to be 103 degrees and thunderstorms,Wednesday 82 degrees and AM showers,Thursday 91 degrees and sunny, Friday 93 and mostly sunny, Saturday 98 degrees and AM showers, and Sunday 91 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. Sounds like some rain this next week but I remain skeptical. I have seen too much rain in the forecast just disappear.

I need to get out there and trim while it's fairly cool. 

So, more later... 

I got the yard trimmed and the mess cleaned up. I also cleaned up the mower the best I could. It gets filthy when anyone mows. 

Stephen drove in my drive as I was cleaning up my mess and brought me some flax oatmeal cookies (made with freshly milled flour). A woman in their congregation at their church bakes regularly and sells her wonderful homemade cookies and breads.This bread is flax meal sandwich bread made with freshly milled flour too. I haven't tried it yet but I soon will. I had one of her cookies and they are really good. I am going to have to discipline myself or I will gain back the weight I have lost. :)

Stephen and Dee Anna are so thoughtful! 

More even later.... 

I got Nancy and we stopped at the Copan Restaurant and had lunch. Afterward, since we were only 7 miles from Caney, we went to Caney to look at Nancy's house and later at the Caney Museum. We had a good tour of the museum. Dale and Gina have done a real good job of organizing it. He does the work and she organizes it. They gave us each a booklet about area museums and another one I haven't had time to check out yet.

David texted me about Bunco on Wednesday. I texted him back and said I would be there.

More later... .

I read this afternoon again.

It's 8:25PM and I have just had my bath and put my pajamas on and my robe. I haven't watered my flowerbeds this evening so I had better go do that.Tuesday is supposed to be 103 degrees too and there is supposed to be AM rain. I will believe that when I see it. We have been disappointed too many times this month.

I will go out in my robe and water...just in case.

I plan to read until my 9:00PM bedtime.

 


No comments: