Sunday, October 23, 2022

Sunday and Church

I went to bed at 9:30PM after finishing my latest downloaded book "The Professor". I slept well and was only up once in the night. And then I got right back to sleep. 

I am eating my breakfast now. In a little while I will go turn on the TV to try to catch the weather forecast and later, the cats. It's only 5:49AM now so they won't be out there this early..if at all.. 

I will leave for church at 9:45AM and get there early enough to sweep out any bugs that may have crawled in under the door...if there are any. I also like to sweep off the walks.

Melissa was supposed to be today's speaker but she texted the congregation that she has pneumonia. So Leslie volunteered to take her place. Karan is sick too. 

I did catch the weather forecast. Today is supposed to be 85 degrees and cloudy and windy, Tomorrow is supposed to be 72 degrees and heavy thunderstorms,  Tuesday is to be 65 degrees and AM showers, Wednesday is to be 68 degrees and sunny,  Thursday is to be 69 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 61 degrees and showers, Saturday is to be 65 degrees and partly cloudy. I hope that rain that is forecast for Tuesday and Friday develops!

The cats came for their breakfasts about 6:45AM, ate and left. I was going to take the food in when Scruff came back for another taste of breakfast so I left it out there awhile longer. When she finally left, I took the cat food in the garage and covered it.

It's 7:44AM now and I will get back to this later. I am waiting for the CBS weekend news at 8:00AM.

It's 8:08AM now. I have been waiting for the Sunday CBS morning news and it is on now. 

I started my walk at 8:40AM.

I got back from my walk at 9:01AM. In about 30 Minutes, I will drive over to the church. 

I got there about 10:15AM and Leslie and John came soon after. Then Phyllis came. We had a very small congregation today.

Leslie had a nice service planned though. Melissa was supposed to have had it but she had lost her voice and diagnosed herself with Pneumonia. She's a doctor so imagine that's what she has.

After church Phyllis and I went to Eggbert's in Coffeyville and had their chicken salad dinner with the muffin and fruit. As always, it was good.

I will do my letters now and send copies of the bulletin to those who didn't make it today. I sent out nine letters and bulletins. 

The leaves from the trees across the street have been piling up at my front door. I took three boxes out there to block that from happening. I put a bag of kitty litter in one of them, Cat food in a second and a bag of ice melt in the third. Maybe that will block that mess from piling up at my front door. I will give it a try anyhow.

More later..I will go read again.

No, that didn't work. The leaves blew right over the top of those boxes and still piled up at my front door. I don't know what to do about that. It's just a terrible mess. I will be glad when the trees are bare. I will mow the leaves or rake them into piles and vacuum them up and bag them and put them in the trash. That will be awhile though. In the meantime I have to deal with all those leaves at my front door. The wind makes it worse, of course.

It's 3:34PM now. I will go read some more.

I read until time to log onto the Mission Center's evening worship service at 6:00PM. I watched it on Zoom. Then afterward we visited awhile.

Now it's time for my bath and time to put my pajamas on and my robe.  I will read in my book until 9:00PM ...my bedtime!

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I’m so glad you have a new Kindle. That Keith takes care of you!

DrumMajor said...

The flu is going around. I have Type A flu, and the cough just lingers in spite of antibiotics. The leaves may not have like your boxes, but the neighborhood cats could tear into the food bag, then use the box the litter was sitting in. Might have to make a frame with hardware cloth on it to stop the leaves. Or a couple of old fireplace screens? Linda in Kansas