Thursday, August 21, 2008

Doctor's Appointment

We went back to Bartlesville this morning at 8:30 for the doctor to see Bob's eye. It is doing well. After that we went to their large Wal Mart Super Center and bought some groceries. Then we drove over to Sedan and met our daughter for lunch.

Their house is coming along slowly. It keeps raining and interrupting progress.

After lunch we came home and I put away the groceries and Bob took a nap. I took the car up to have it put on the computer. For the second time this week, the "check engine" light came on. We checked the tightness of the gas cap because that happened last winter and it was only that I had not tightened down the gas cap tight enough. It went back off on Tuesday this time but came back on today. The computer said that was what it was again. The mechanic suggested I buy a new gas cap. he said this one might be an after market cap.

So, when we go back on the 5th, I will stop and buy a new gas cap.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Margie, I have a Toyota Camry and they told me at the dealership not to top off the gas in the tank when I was putting in gas. You know when it clicks to cut off. Just stop when it clicks and don't keep trying to put more in. They said this would cause the light to come on, too. Just thought I would tell you what they said.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Judy. I never top off the tank. I used to sell cars and that's one thing I was taught then.