Thursday, November 27, 2008

Busy Thanksgiving Day


Bob is feeling just fine this morning...thank goodness! I got up at 6:00 and the house was cold. I turned the furnace up but it did not come on. So I checked the breakers and none had been thrown. Then I took the doors off the furnace and hit a reset button and when I put the doors back on, the furnace came on. Thank goodness! The service call on Thanksgiving Day would have been horrendous! I baked two pies yesterday and will bake another this morning. We are going to Thanksgiving at our daughter's home. They have a larger table and a larger home actually. I am taking the pies, whipped cream and Bob's Waldorf salad. She will have twelve of us. My niece is taking the veggie dishes and sweet potatoes. My daughter will do the turkey, ham and stuffing.

Our granddaughter, Ashley, came in yesterday afternoon. We had not seen her since she graduated and moved to Texas. She drove 6 1/2 hours from Tyler, Texas, and will stay until Sunday. It was good to see her again. The photo is of her.

Our daughter learned that her unemployment appeal was denied so they will be struggling until she finds a job. She has had two interviews out of twelve applications. Jobs are not easy to find in this recession. She has a degree too.

But I intend to put all this stuff out of my mind today and just enjoy our family. Bob has invited one of his FEMA friends who is stationed in Independence away from his family so we will also have him. There will be Bob and me, Leslie and John, Scott and Ashley, Denise, Terry and Dee, Jeromy and Marlene and Dick. My brother-in-law decided to have Thanksgiving with my sister, who is still in the hospital in the skilled nursing area.

So Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here today! It's supposed to be 60 degrees here today!

2 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Have a beautiful day, Margie, glad Bob is better! Enjoy your family.

Margie's Musings said...

We did have a great time! Everyone ate all they could eat and more. Everything was good.