Monday, November 24, 2008

Progress Report

My niece went to Topeka to take her disabled husband to the VA hospital there for a check up so my brother-in-law is staying today with my sister and also tonight. My niece will be back staying days with her after today and I will stay with her again Tuesday night. I suppose he will stay with her Wednesday night and possibly Thursday because the niece is counting on bringing her family to my daughter's home for our Thanksgiving dinner. Maybe my sister will be doing a lot better by Thursday and my brother-in-law will be able to come too. He certainly needs a break. They are wanting to put her in skilled nursing either today or tomorrow. Maybe she won't need a family member to stay with her after that.

I hope my brother-in-law talks to the doctor about that today.

Our son will be coming in late Tuesday night to stay until Sunday. Our granddaughter, Ashley, his daughter, is driving up from Tyler, Texas, for Thanksgiving and he is dying to see her again. She will stay with our daughter and son-in-law. I will stay with my sister Thursday night but my son will be sleeping then anyhow. I will get home by 7:00 AM if things go as they have so far. I don't try to sleep in the daytime because that ruins my night sleep.

4 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I hope your sister gets better soon and I hope you and your family have a lovely Thanksgiving!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Sylvia. I have hopes.

Balisha said...

Margie...take care and prayers are being said that your family situation improves. Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks folks.

Today they sent my sister to Skilled Nursing. Then they told us we did not have to stay with her 24 hours a day. My brother-in-law called and told me she was much more lucid today. maybe so...but I noticed when I went to visit her that she had the Velcro undone on one side of the block of Styrofoam that separates her legs and prevents her from trying to climb out of bed.