Thursday, November 13, 2008

House Cleaning Day


Generally I clean on Monday but Monday was a busy day so I was going to clean on Tuesday. Well, Scott came back Sunday afternoon so we were very busy. I believe that was the day we went to Bartlesville. Then yesterday was a rat race. So that meant we would clean today. The house looks good. While I was cleaning I put a pot of beans on and we had cornbread and beans for lunch. I don't know how Bob's sugar will hold up after that.

This afternoon I have an appointment with Tina at the radio station at 3:00 and then my job interview is at 4:00 at the library. I'm as ready as I'm ever going to be...that's for sure. They probably have a lot of interviews.

I spent an hour on this computer e-mailing church headquarters to get newly baptized Jon registered as a member of the church. Hopefully, that won't take forever. But think how much more work that would have been if we didn't have computers. Aren't they grand? When they work properly, that is. I wrestle with mine from time to time.

Here's a photo of Jon at his confirmation service.

5 comments:

patsy said...

margie are you a pastor of a church? what is your demonation?

Margie's Musings said...

I am the pastor of Community of Christ in Coffeyville. That is headquartered in Independence, Missouri. The office is elected from among the Elders. I have been pastor this time for seven years and have served in that position for several other years...off and on.

Here is a link to the World Headquarters site if you are interested in knowing more about the church.

http://cofchrist.org/

Balisha said...

Hi Margie,
Do you have a large library? We are building a huge one in our small town. I am so anxious for it to be finished.
Good luck at your job interview.How can they not hire you?

Margie's Musings said...

We have a lovely library but not a huge one. They had many, many applicants so they have many people from which to choose. I will be surprised if I get the job. They are to notify everyone of their choice the first part of next week.

Beth said...

I was a library assistant for many years and I loved it! Being around books all day was heavenly. Best of luck on your interview, Margie. I'll bet you have a better chance than you think! Thank goodness you don't have to wait long for an answer.