Monday, December 1, 2008

Full Day

Yesterday was a full day. Both Scott and Ashley left for home. We went to church for the Hanging of the Greens service but not too many were there. The church looked lovely though. The service was very good even though there weren't too many there.

After church six of us went to the hospital, had lunch in their cafeteria and then visited my sister who is in the hospital following her fall and hip surgery. She is doing better but didn't get too much therapy last week when some of the staff was off for the Thanksgiving holiday. She will probably be there at least another week.

Then later in the afternoon I finished doing my Christmas cards. Then I did my notes for those who were not there at church. I also got the article ready for Friday's newspaper for the church page and changed the information on the church's web site.

Bob and I watched some of the Chief's game against the Raiders before the group from Living the Questions came at 6:00.

Then I had a surprise! They had ice cream and cake to celebrate my birthday tomorrow. I will be 73. That was a nice gesture. We have such a good group. Two were missing last night...Richard and Gretchen. Gretchen was out of town. Richard lives in Independence and doesn't come unless Gretchen comes.

I am not going to clean today. I did some sprucing up yesterday afternoon for the meeting and the place still looks fine.

7 comments:

Judy said...

I hope you have a wonderful birthday, Margie. Just take the day and do what you want and celebrate.

Margie's Musings said...

I may do that, Judy. Thank you!

Sylvia K said...

Yes, a very happy and wonderful birthday, Margie. I agree with Judy -- make the most of your day and celebrate with whatever makes you happy!

Mari Meehan said...

No one should have to clean the day before her birthday! Just enjoy!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you all. You are all too kind!

Balisha said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Margie,
Happy birthday to you.

Could you hear me singing? Have a wonderful birthday.

Margie's Musings said...

You sing beautifully, Balisha! Thank you!