Friday, December 5, 2008

Slinky Baby


Well, I've done something I never thought I'd do. I've let Scott's dog, Slinky, into my kitchen. I put a box in the doorway into the dining room because I definitely do not want him in on the carpets. But it's 20 degrees out there and I didn't even have to beg him to come back in after I let him out of the garage to potty this morning. He actually scratched on the back door to get back in.

He simply cannot stay in that hall off the garage. He's too large for such a small space. He seems pretty happy as long as I am sitting here with my laptop and am company for him.

It's supposed to get up to 50 degrees today and when it does I will put him out...that's where he really wants to be. He just can't handle the 20 degree weather. And the worst is yet to come.

Bob and I would like to go somewhere later. We are housebound because of the weather. We went to Ministerial Alliance yesterday but were ready to get back in out of the cold weather afterward.

We Finally went to clean the church and then to the hospital to visit my sister. She is not doing too well. She doesn't seem to understand that she will have to bear some pain in order to get back on her feet and walk again. They say they tell her to step out on the toes of her good foot and slowly put some weight on the healing one but she doesn't seem to get it. It seems in the afternoons when she gets tired, her Alzheimer disease kicks in. So it looks like she will be going to the Windsor Place Nursing Center for a month or so. We will know more about it this coming week.

Slinky Baby spent the afternoon in the kitchen sleeping on the decorative rug before he went to the garage for the night.

4 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie,
It is a biting cold out there. I wonder what winter will bring us? You have a "warm" heart...letting the doggie in. I'm sure he thanks you.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, he was delighted. he laid on my rug in the hall and slept as long as he has in after first snooping around and enjoying the kitchen.

Judy said...

Sounds like you and Slinky are becoming the best of buddies. It was 15 here this morning. BRRRRR!
Have a good weekend.

Margie's Musings said...

I let him sleep in the 45 degree garage last night but this morning he is back in the kitchen. Poor baby!