Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Big Thaw

Yesterday there was a coating of ice on everything here. I called and changed my appointment to later in the day and just stayed in all morning. Then about 11:00 it began to thaw and we went on up to Independence and took our daughter to lunch. Afterward Bob went to Wal Mart and refilled his prescription and I got my hair done. Then we came back home and stayed in the rest of the day.

I worked on the schedule and folders for the abstracts and bios for the symposium all morning and again in the afternoon. I am nearly finished. I just need two more bios.

Last night we watched PBS when they reviewed the old comedy shows. They sure don't make comedy like they used to. Comedians were actually funny twenty to forty years ago. The last funny comedians I have seen were Seinfeld and Frazier. What passes for comedy any more is just ignorance.

Today, and the rest of the week is supposed to finish the thaw. I am so glad. Slinky needs the walk and so does Bob. Bob's glucose was 165 yesterday. That's what happens when all he does is sit in a chair all day.

No comments: