Sunday, January 25, 2009

Scrapbooking

I stayed home on Saturday since it turned cold and I wanted to keep Slinky in the house. Bob attended a very good Red Cross class in Bartlesville. Halfway through the morning though Slinky was begging to go out and lay in the sun next to the back of the house. It wasn't too much over 20 degrees and I wasn't all that wild about letting him do that. But he insisted.

So, I spent the morning catching up both my 2008 scrapbook and Leslie's new home scrapbook. I will not make up any more scrapbooks since I have no place to store them. The table with the shelf under it in the spare bedroom is completely full.

After a quick lunch I went to the market and bought the groceries we will need for the next week. Scott is planning to come next weekend so I will cook a little heavier. I also need to plan some lo-cal desserts, if there are such things. He is trying to lose weight and I would like to limit my winter gain as much as possible.

Last evening we went to Sirloin Stockade and I had a very good chicken fried steak and Bob had a medium sirloin which was also very good. Then we watched TV when we could find something to watch. We have basic basic and there is very little worth watching on those 17 channels.

Today we will go the church and afterward to the Methodist Church for a fund raiser soup dinner. Judy invited us and also our daughter and son-in-law. Leslie says she wants to go. Karan and Bobby will be there since Bobby belongs to that church.

Then this afternoon, I will do my cards/letters and we will stay home this evening and watch Sixty Minutes. I can count on my fingers the TV shows we watch because TV is so bad anymore. All these realty shows are simply the network's way of eliminating cost. They also eliminate watchers that way. I haven't seen a good comedy since Seinfeld and Frazier went off the air.

4 comments:

Judy said...

I used to love Frazier and there are still reruns but I have seen most of them. I went for a walk yesterday and it was in the 20s. I nearly froze. I can't wait till it warms up some and I can start walking every day. Sounds like Slinky is ready for spring, too.

Sansego said...

I wish TV were more bad so I wouldn't have an excuse to watch it! I have a few shows I like, but I watch TV on DVD through Netflix. I still haven't bought a digital converter box and we have two weeks left and I won't be able to watch TV. I don't know what to do because I want access to TV for news, Nightline, the Charlie Rose Show, and the Oscars. But there are other things I need to be doing than watching TV. It might be good to go without for awhile. I might not miss it!

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, he and I are both ready for Spring, Judy. It's been weeks since we've had our walk.

And Nicholas, if you have cable or satellite you won't need a converter box. Only if you're using rabbit ears.

Sansego said...

I don't have cable or satellite. Waste of money.

The local news said that Congress is pushing the conversion date back to June. Whew! I'm in the clear. I can watch the Academy Awards after all.