Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Eve Party

The New Year's Eve party was a great success. It was held at my cousin Sue and her husband, Dick's, home. They host this affair every year. Usually there are 25 - 40 folks there but some have died and some were out of town this year, so there were probably only 25 or so. I didn't get a head count. The women visited while the men watched a game in the family room. Then later on in the evening, the women played a game. (I forget the name of the game).

There was a lot of food and we ate late..sometime after seven. But we had a good time. My cousin and her husband are great hosts.

I took my latest scrapbook because some of those folks are members of my class and I wanted to show them the pictures I took at the reunion. I also had a draft of the newsletter I've been working on. Several looked at it.

If the printer ever gets back with me on the cost of the labels, I will get it paid and they can start getting it printed.

Anyhow, we didn't stay until midnight. We left about 11:30. I was concerned about how Slinky would do in our kitchen while we were gone so long. But he did fine and was sleeping on his rag rug in the kitchen.

After we got home and I took my bath and we went to bed, I heard the bells and whistles go off.

I hope you all have a Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Margie, My father put Vicks up his nose all his life and lived to 88. Sounds like the party was a real success and Slinky was a good dog.

Beth said...

Sounds like a fun party, Margie. We had a nice, quiet family New Year's Eve here at home and ended up watching various fireworks displays from our porch.

A very Happy New Year's to you and your family!

Margie's Musings said...

Hi Judy and Beth...yes I was amazed to find the main ingredient was poisonous. I will say this. My right leg has not hurt since I quit using it. I don't know if it's connected.