Saturday, January 3, 2009

Late Night Work

I was up late last night again. The daughter and son of the man who had died, met with the funeral home people and they decided that instead of Wednesday for the funeral, they wanted to have it Monday. So I was up till 11:30 last night writing the funeral sermon. Luckily the children were able to give me a lot of information about the family and their father.

We had been out to our daughter's home having a belated Christmas gift opening with our grandson, his significant other and his child, our great granddaughter. They gave me a large bamboo box of wonderful tea. While I was working last night, I had a cup of it.

We had a fruit tray, chips and dip and eggnog...her homemade eggnog with real nog. They didn't give me much because I am an addictive personality and it really affects me. :)

Our great really enjoyed her gifts. She is five years old. Christmas is about seeing the children utterly thrilled with their gifts.

3 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Yes, that was always the best part of Christmas for me -- when my kids were little. The memory of their excitement and the glow of wonder on their faces each Christmas morning is still a gift for me all over again each Christmas season.

Mari Meehan said...

Okay, you've stumped me! What part of eggnog is the real nog?? The eggs, the cream or the alcohol? Lol!

Margie's Musings said...

The alcohol. :)