Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Another Big Day

This will be another big day. I did go to give the invocation at the city commission meeting last night. The rain had stopped and the sky was temporarily clear. I stayed for the meeting and sure enough, the one commissioner I thought would be a problem is going to be a huge one. It will be a zoo there this year and until his term is up.

This morning I got up early to clean up the mess the storm made on the patio and with my beautiful peonies. I am glad I got to enjoy them for a week or so because the storm ruined them yesterday. I haven't even been out to see the damage to my hybrid iris. I have asked Bob to wash off the patio this morning after I leave. It has mud all over it and looks terrible.

I go to Independence this morning for my hair appointment and to have breakfast with Juanita. Then at noon we have our ministerial association meeting. Bob will come up for that. Then we'll come home and if it doesn't storm again today (which it is forecast to do) we will go back there for the baccalaureate service tonight.

This is going to be my last year as the chair of the celebration committee. That will give me a break from so many extra trips to Independence. I need to slow down a bit anyhow. I'm no spring chicken.

4 comments:

Linda said...

It amazes me how many miles you drive. I can't begin to imagine that. Our life is so compact here. You must spend a fortune on gas, plus wear and tear on your car.

Sylvia K said...

I'm with Linda, can't imagine what it would be like to have to drive so much and you surely have more energy than I do!! Take care of yourself!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, gals. I try to do that.

Balisha said...

Have a nice day, Margie. Take time to smell the roses...or peonies in your case.