Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yesterday's Events




Yesterday was so busy that I never got around to posting about it. Scott came Friday morning and we went to lunch with Leslie. Then Friday night they invited us out to the new house to see all the pictures they hung and for a chili dinner. I made a cherry pie cake and took some vanilla ice cream for dessert. We had a good time. I took their completed scrapbook to them.

Then Saturday we went to Bartlesville and Scott bought some cologne and we had a light lunch at Garfield's. We went to John and Leslie's later and Scott loaded up a twin bed they gave him. Then we came home and watched another episode of "Band of Brothers" on DVD.

We had invited John and Leslie to go to Tavern on the Plaza with us for dinner. Half way through the afternoon Scott got a phone call from a guy who had partnered with him to run an Iraqi Police academy in Iraq. He wanted to hook up with him again. We excused Scott from dinner so he could get back to Fort Leonard Wood in time to meet that fellow.

So John and Leslie met us for dinner by themselves. We had a good time anyhow. I haven't heard from Scott this morning.

Last night at 2:00 AM Missy decided she had to go out. I got up and let her out. An hour later Slinky needed to go out. When I let him out and back in she came back in. An hour later she wanted out again. I put her out again and then Slinky wanted his breakfast...at 4:00 AM. I bawled him out and told him to get back to bed. He did. Then I went back to bed. I finally gave up and got up at 6:30 and fed him and let Missy back in. What a night!

I'll be glad when the rain stops and it warms up so both animals can spend the night outdoors. I'm ready for Missy to stop sleeping on the foot of our bed. She seldom sleeps through the night and that means I seldom sleep through the night either.

The pictures above are of my hybrid iris that are just beginning to bloom and my peonies that are struggling to bloom after all this chilly weather and rain. The other photo is of their new completed home. they will do the flower beds and the front walk themselves. They also will do a small deck on the back and pour a patio there.

No comments: