Friday, May 1, 2009

Surprising News

We have had some surprising news today. It appears that our son and his ex-wife may reconcile. She contacted him yesterday and ran the idea by him. He called and was very excited although cautious about it. She was to call him back last evening and discuss the possibility. He called this morning to say she was coming. He is coming this weekend to tell us about their decision and should be here before noon.

My only concern is that they will need to put the past in the past and forget it. Everyone has some skeletons in their closet and the only way to deal with them is to put them behind you and never speak of them again. I hope they can do that.

If she decides she cannot stay after she has made this decision, she will break his heart all over again. I don't know if he could go through it all over again. Her leaving him nearly broke him two years ago, I think having the family here saved his life.

It will be interesting to talk to him this morning when he gets here.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my, I don't know which way to put my hopes on. Blessings on your family during this time.

Balisha said...

All you can do is put this in God's hands.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks so much gals. They need all the prayers they can get.

Mari Meehan said...

Just take good care of Slinky until all is settled! ; )