Monday, June 1, 2009

Housecleaning Monday

Well this is Monday and the day to clean house so I worked all morning doing that and laundry too.

I just called my sister and brother-in-law to see if they would like to come to dinner tonight. We bought some frozen salmon and I have never fixed it before so I am going to bake it frozen in the oven. That's what the directions say you can do. We will have salad and broccoli with it. I think I will forgo the potatoes. Both she and my Bob have diabetes. The salad and veggies will be good for them. Potatoes would not be good for them.

I fixed some chocolate pudding that I will serve with "no carb" topping for dessert. Pudding only has 6 grams of carbs.

I am going to try to have them over every week. My brother-in-law has his hands full now and that may help them and we can use the fellowship anyhow. We don't see too much of them anymore. Just Sunday at church and Tuesday mornings when I go over there to visit while he goes to have breakfast with his classmates.

I got everything done but the dusting. I will wait a little while and then get to that.

I am reading a book my neighbor loaned to me. It is called "Who Stole My Church". So far it's pretty good. It is about the resistance to change most churches are going through right now. Ours certainly is, I know.

I will read awhile and then do my dusting.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I cleaned all day yesterday and today, washing all my rugs, windows, etc. I hope you enjoy your company. The meal sounds so good. I am having my family on Saturday for breakfast. It is TW's second birthday and we will celebrate that while they are here.

Margie's Musings said...

I will wash windows tomorrow if it doesn't rain. First I go to my sister's though. The weatherman says it will rain tomorrow.