Friday, June 26, 2009

Terribly Busy Day


This has been a big day. I got up early and did all my regular things. I did not sleep well. I woke up at 2:30 with stomach cramps. We had had cornbread and beans last night and it didn't set well. I took a couple of antacids but that didn't seem to help. Then after I finished those chores, I read off and on all morning to prepare for my class at camp. At 11:30 we went to pick up Cyndi for her physical therapy.

First we met Leslie for lunch and after that we went to Cyndi's therapy. Bob picked up a prescription for exercise there too for his diabetes. I didn't get to feeling better until after lunch. Eric is going to let him exercise while the machines are free.

Cyndi has finally graduated to a cane.

On the way home,the car began to act strange and it didn't want to shift gears and the "check motor" light came on. I took it to the shop. They think the heat has made the computer "confused". They want it to sit in the shop all weekend and perhaps it will reset itself. If not, we may have to spend some money on it.

Nothing is ever simple anymore.

When we finally got home at 4:00 and found Slinky terribly overheated and almost sick. He had been out in 100 degree weather all day. Shar Pei's can't handle the heat. We brought him in the kitchen for an hour and a half but he never cooled down until I put a fan on him and it took an hour for him to stop heaving.

No comments: