Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Funeral for Ivan

I went to Independence today to get my hair done and meet Juanita for breakfast and then do the funeral.

Juanita was telling me she went into the prescription drug donut hole this month. She needed one of the drops she uses for her glaucoma and it usually costs $125 for a very small vial of meds. She was amazed to find that it now cost $465. And she has to refill this drop every month. She lives on a little over $1,000 a month. What a racket! And that is just one of her three drops.

The funeral turned out well. Many of our congregation attended. They also had military honors. Ivan had served during World War II. Those are so impressive!

Afterward we met John and Leslie for lunch and then came on home for Bob's nap. Slinky wanted in and so he is in the kitchen. I have changed out of my dress and into my shorts.

Several at the funeral spoke of Ivan and how dear he was to all of us. Nadine, his dear friend, was also there.

No comments: