Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday. I'm Back!

Well, it was a wonderful weekend retreat. It was so good to get away and have some time with just my daughter and 50 some other women. The retreat was very well planned and executed. The spiritual uplift was great and the food was very good too and I'm now afraid to get on the scale....especially since I'll be gone again next weekend to Independence, Missouri to the Peace Colloquy.

We got home about 4:00. The retreat broke up at 11:00 AM following the communion service. Leslie and I went in to Joplin to the Olive Garden and had a salad. We had eaten so much over the weekend that we didn't want anything else.

Then we went to Penney's where she found the window treatment for her dining room window. She also bought a couple of pictures for the south wall which had nothing on it at all. They picked up the colors in her new curtain. We then went to another store where she bought a plaque to go over the pass through window into the kitchen and a new back door mat for the door leading into the living room from the deck.

From there we went to Crackerbarrel where she picked up her two rockers for their front porch. I bought the seat pads. We secured them in with our sleeping bags beneath them for padding. She had brought some new tie downs so they wouldn't move around and get scratched.

Last night Bob and I toured a house that Joyce and Keith had redone and the group gave it a house blessing. I have to admit I had never done a house blessing before.

After that, we all went to Jack and Marilyn's for soup for supper and our regular "Living the Questions" class, which Jack led. One of our number is Muslim so we had a very interesting discussion about the similarities between our religions.

When we got home, I was very tired. I read awhile before going to bed.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie,
Glad you had a good time. It sounds like you ate some good food. I love the Olive Garden...I don't think that I could just eat a salad there though :)

Betty said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Good food, good company, good shopping. How bad could that be?

Margie's Musings said...

You gals are right! It was terrific.