Friday, November 27, 2009

Friday After Thanksgiving


All turned out well. Our dinner was magnificent and the company was all good too. Leslie's home looked wonderful and was large enough that Mia had lots to do. She ate a good dinner and took a long nap. There were nine of us. Keith and Scott, Scott's girlfriend, Becky, Leslie and John, Bob and me and Christina and Mia. Leslie's turkey was wonderful. She had dressing and green bean casserole with homemade rolls. I took Bob's Waldorf salad and my two pies (which turned out to be very good regardless of the crusts), and my special mashed potatoes. We had a wonderful time. After dinner Keith took a lot of photos. I will post some here after while when he wakes up and transfers them to my computer.

Mia was good and her mother had the opportunity to enjoy herself. Bob and I came home about 7:30 but the others stayed later. I didn't even hear them come in. I went to bed at 8:30 exhausted.

They will all leave today. Keith will take the long trek back to Phoenix with Bob's pickup. Christina and Mia will go to Wichita to visit a friend and then back to Junction City tomorrow. We will be alone again. Bob needs to tighten the fittings on our kitchen faucet and I need to strip beds and do laundry.

But it was a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had our entire immediate family together for the first time in years...even the one granddaughter and great granddaughter. Our granddaughter will be back for Christmas and Keith plans to fly in too. Of course, Scott plans to come for Christmas too. His 49th birthday is Sunday. Mine is Wednesday but I'll be 74. It doesn't seem possible but it is. I was born December 2, 1935. That's 74.

The couple on the left are Scott and his girlfriend, Becky. That's me in the middle and our daughter, Leslie, on the right.

No comments: