It's New Years Eve (day) and I simply must clean house today even if I can only give the kitchen a lick and a promise. Tonight we will go to Dick and Sue's New Years Eve party. Tomorrow we will go out to John and Leslie's for dinner. She is having all of John's relatives and us. I am to fix a large salad.
We never did get any more snow yesterday. There was just a little new snow on the ground from the night.
We are supposed to get the results of Bob's tests today.
I will call Melissa's office if I don't hear from her by 10:00. I am very unhappy that she waited a week to give us the results of his ultra sound and chest x-ray. We were to have had those results the next day. Even then, Bob had to call her office to get them. To my way of looking at it, that's poor doctoring. She surely realizes that the patient is concerned and needs to know the results ASAP.
The kids have been very concerned over Bob's tests. They have called nearly every day. Leslie called last night again to tell us that she would be going to Bartlesville this morning to get her brakes fixed on her car. She still wants me to call her on her cell when I learn the results of the CT scan. I hope we really will get those results today.
I was awake a good deal early this morning wondering how I will pay for any treatments he may have to have. Bob is without a supplement for his Medicare. We still owe the surgeon for our part for his last skin cancer surgery. Medicare has not paid yet so I have no idea what we will owe. Then we will owe the hospital for our 20% of the CT scan too. That's almost $300.
When we tried to buy a supplement several years ago, they told him he was uninsurable. He had had those two melanoma. I think if worse comes to worse, when we run out of funds, we will sell the house and rent. We still owe $44,000 on it. And it is getting harder and harder to find the money for taxes and insurance on the house.
But I guess I'll worry about that when the time comes. I try not to worry about things I can't change and that may never happen.
Melissa, Bob's doctor called. She thinks this large lymph node is an infection. She will treat it for two weeks with an antibiotic and then if it doesn't respond to treatment, she will do a biopsy. She does not think it is cancer.
Needless to say, we are relieved.
This morning, Leslie, our daughter called. She had locked herself out of her house and her purse was inside. I have a key to her house and she wanted me to bring mine out there so she could get in. I had two keys on my car keyring but didn't know which one was her house key. I was about halfway to the church when she called me back and offered to meet me half way. It's 18 miles out there to her house. I told her I didn't know which key was their house key and which key was the church key so I would stop at the church on my way and try them in the door there. Then I thought, "Why should she have to come in the opposite direction to her destination when I wasn't doing anything special anyhow?" So I told her I would just pick up a couple of pounds of ground beef when I got there and for her to just stay put. Even though she had her car keys, her purse and driver's license were in the house in her purse.
I got there and handed her my keys. She tried both keys and neither one fit. So I went back out to my car and looked in my purse for another key. The only other one I had must have been the extra key to the Ford truck Keith has. I was getting ready to leave when I noticed my little coin purse on the dash. I looked inside and there was Cyndi and Jeff's key....and another one unlabeled. I ran to catch Leslie before she got out of the drive and showed her the other key. She took it and tried it and sure enough, it was her house key. Wow! She was delighted. So was I. Then on the way home, Bob called with his good news. I called her right away. When I got home I e-mailed the boys. They both responded with delight too. We have the neatest kids!
Everything worked out fine after all.