Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chaplain Service

Today Bob and I serve as chaplains at the hospital. Actually we serve for a week. With the HIPPA rulings, there's not a lot we can do. We can go check the list of our church members...that shouldn't be hard since there are so few of us. Then we can ask at the nurse's station if anyone has wanted to see a chaplain. We are no longer allowed to walk from room to room and visit those able to have visitors or even see the entire census. If that were so, I am sure there are many people in the hospital that we would know and could visit. But federal law prohibits that and if the hospital allowed it, they could be shut down. So much for being the chaplain. Now they can and have awoken us in the middle of the night to come pray with a frightened patient or one that was about to die. But until they request us, we cannot go. I'm not sure how helpful that is for all party's involved.

First I will go to Independence and get my hair cut and fixed. Then I will meet Juanita for breakfast. I stopped at the church and made copies for the alliance of the minutes of last week's meeting and the agenda for tomorrow.

We went to the market today and bought a week's worth of groceries.

Tomorrow we have our Ministerial Alliance meeting at noon.

No comments: