Saturday, April 24, 2010

Home Show

This was the day of the Home Show in Coffeyville and I spent most of the day out there. I finally ran out of brochures about 3:00 so I packed up and came home. It was not as large as when I worked there in the 80's and 90's but then radio was a lot more successful in those days.

My brother-in-law came out to discuss his situation with me while I was there. He had been to see his doctor Friday. He wanted some advice about my sister. She had him up five or six times in the night the other night and he got virtually no sleep. She is heavy enough that he has trouble managing her and she could not walk. Dr. Allen said the time may have come when he would have to put her in a nursing home with an Alzheimer's Unit. I had to agree with him.

In the event he needs surgery for his lymphoma, he will not be able to take care of her for at least six weeks. Then he can make the decision of what to do from that point. I was telling my Bob about it after I got home. I know my brother-in-law will need some care after his surgery and I told him to come stay with us until his six weeks check up. His local daughter has her hands full with her child and an invalid husband. We will see what he decides. Luckily, I have my health and can care for both Bob and him if needs be.

No comments: